Wednesday, October 07, 2009

What do you do when you are under the weather? I am not sure if this trend works for people all around the world but we Indians need our own home meds when illness strikes. Right now, with cold, all I can think of is Turmeric milk. Does it really help? I don't know. Of course, turmeric has anti biotic properties, so it may be good for a sore throat but will it work as a cure for common cold - maybe not! But it reminds me of home and all the attention, thus making me feel better. What about pepper when you are itching? Again, I know some people (including me) would swear by it, but again who knows? The properties of neem are now touted and published but what about eucalyptus - cannot go through a head or body ache without it. And the queen of them all - cinnamon? I cannot list out all of it's greatness. I wonder if other Indians of my age group remember these home made treatments suggested by grand moms and use them actively...

No comments: